Town hall of Molló | Phone +34 972 740 387 | www.mollo.cat
Consecrated to this Roman martyr and virgin, the church is an important monument within the Pyrenean Romanesque route. Built towards the end of the 12th century, it consists of a single nave and an elaborate semicircular apse. Dedicated to this Roman martyr and virgin, the church constitutes an important monument on the Pyrenean Romanesque route. Built towards the end of the 12th century, it has a a single nave and a very evolved semicircular apse. Buttresses reinforce the transverse arches of the barrel vault over the nave. The interior of the presbytery has an ornamental frieze with corbels, and there are two not very deep chapels. The slender, Lombard influenced bell tower or four storeys (restored in 1952) is an outstanding feature that is attached to the building, with arches marking the different floors, and with two twin round windows beneath the roof. Other highlights are the entrance door and the doorway, without sculpting and with diminishing arches, showing the influence of the Roussillon school. The doorway has eight corbels, seven of which represent the deadly sins. The church was rebuilt in 1428 after an earthquake and at one point had seven altars. Smashed up during the Spanish Civil War, it was later restored. In 1979 it was declared a Monument of Historical artistic Interest.